Today download nr. 500 of Gobetwino took place.
I have found some bugs in the current version 0.5 of gobetwino.
- If sending an email with an attached file fails, the attached file seems to be locked as write protected.
- In the log to file (LGFIL) command the seperator value between the timestamp and the data coming from Arduino is hardcoded as “;” this is not good if the data coming from Arduino chooses another seperator.
- In some (rather special) cases an error message that should have been shown in the status area is not shown.
- It is possible to send a well formed, but not existing, command to Gobetwino from Arduino without an error being generated. Nothing happens, but i can be confusing.
I am planning a version 0.6 that i hope will be out in a couple of weeks. This version will be without the bugs mentioned above, and have some new features added as well:
- A new command type will be added, that will allow the command line parametres to a started program to come from Arduino, which will make it possible to do what Josef requested.
- A new command type implements uploading of files to web sites that support FTP access.
- Restarting Gobetwino after changing the settings will no longer be required.
- The missing “Delete” button in the command editor will be added.
- A new feature makes it possible to test a command from within Gobetwino, just as if it came from Arduino.
I will probably add some more, but i also have to test and document everything.